Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's a Start

Ladies and gentleman, I have finally made it to the gym! I have been saying for a long time that I needed to start going, and this breakup has been some great motivation for me.

I was waiting to see when the best deal would be to join the gym, and boy was that a silly move. I could have joined in November for $30 a month with no activation fee but waited to see if a better deal rolled around during Christmas...one didn't. So, I ended up joining this month for $30 a month + $10 initiation fee. Ehh.. not too shabby.

Anyhow, I've been a member for 4 days and only went for the first time last night! Ahh! I was dreading it at first, thought that maybe my smoking would hold me back and affect my cardio and that perhaps I would get tired quickly in general. Wrong! I ran three miles AND lifted some weights! Woo!

I'm so excited to be tiny, and skinny again. I need a new, fresh start and I can't think of a better way to achieve that. Sure, I'm a little sore today, but it's totally worth it. I'm going to start doing more things for myself, and this is going to be one of them.



1 comment: