Monday, June 15, 2009

Korean Fried Chicken

Since I'm going to be living on my own soon , my mom has started passing her delicious recipes on to me.

I'm going to make Korean Fried Chicken for dinner tonight as a "Congratulations Dinner" for Mr., so I'll post pix and the recipe later.


Update!

Being new to this whole blogging thing I completely forgot to take pictures while I was in the process of cooking! I'll try to remember next time I do one of these things things.. Anyway.. on to the recipe!

What you'll need:
1. 1/2 cup Aloha shoyu
2. 6 tbsp. white sugar
3. 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
4. 1 clove garlic, finely minced
5. Chopped green onions (optional)
6. 2 lb. chicken breast
7. salt & pepper
8. Flour
9. Canola oil (used for frying)

Directions:
1. Cut chicken breasts into strip, season w/ salt & pepper. Set aside.
2. Mix ingredients 1-5. Set aside. Stir occationally.
3. Place chicken strips into container, add enough flour to coat all pieces.
4. Shake container until chicken is fully coated.
5. Pour oil into pan, about 1/4 inch. Heat.
6. Fry chicken until light brown. Remove from pan, dip in sauce several times while still hot.
7. Place in shallow dish. Repeat frying chicken and dipping in sauce.
8. When done, pour remaining sauce over chicken.
9. Mix gently.
10. Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment