Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bridesmaids Dresses

Wow, it has been quite some time since I've posted anything! I've been a little busy going to the gym everyday, then hitting the beach to get a nice tan. I haven't gotten a lot done, but I feel like I've taken some baby steps!

The first step, and one that I feel is a pretty big one, is that my bridesmaids have all, except for 1, been fitted and have made a deposit on their dresses! It took a little while of going back and forth with one of the bridesmaids, we'll call her Ms. Vegas, until we found one we both liked. From there, I showed it to Ms. Nebraska, Ms. London and Ms. Japan, they all approved, and we all went to get them store to get fitted and to try on the sample! It's Alfred Angelo, style 7002, and with tax and shipping came out to around $175 with tax and $25 for shipping (which is the cheapest we could find on Oahu.. frustrating!) The dress is below, what do you think?

I wanted a dress that was classy and elegant, but something that was age appropriate. We're all in our early 20s, with the oldest of us being 26, so I didn't want to stick them in something long and uncomfortable. My other reasoning behind a short dress was because I wanted them to pay for something they would wear again. I mean, it's bad enough that they have to pay for their own dresses, so of course I wanted to pick something they could maybe wear again to go out for drinks or dinner. We're thinking of shortening it just a tad, but that decision is on hold until the dresses actually come in and I can see them on the girls.

As for Ms. Vegas, it's a slight challenge in getting her measurements, because she's not here! As her name shows, she's currently in Vegas, finishing up her last bits of school. I'm pretty sure she'll be home next month, so we'll get her measurements then. I called her earlier to give them, plus her credit card info to me, but I'm in no rush.

Why, you may ask! We're ordering the dresses from The Bridal Boutique, and their specials monthly, and this month, their special is for wedding dresses, so I'm waiting to see what the special is for July. Hopefully it's a good one. Last month, their special was buy 3 bridesmaids dresses, and the 4th was free! We're all crossing our fingers for that one.

As for my dress, I think I've narrowed it down to two dresses. I'll be sharing in my next few posts the dresses and some other little tasks I've been up to. Cheerio!


No comments:

Post a Comment