Sunday, June 14, 2009

On the Fence

Mr. and I are moving to Maui soon, and I'm not quite sure what to do. Seeing that I've just graduated college, I'm not sure if I should be ferociously hunting for a job, or if I should be enjoying this time in my life where I'm not working. I mean, I have the rest of my life to work, right? Besides, I have a whole wedding to plan, and seeing that I have been bitten by the DIY bug, I have even more to do now!

It's an internal battle I have with myself on the constant. For the past 2 years I have worked in one the top resorts on Oahu while finishing up school. School is now done, we're moving to Maui, now what? Should I take some time off and enjoy life? Or should I keep working to keep building my resume and my personal brand?

Right now, taking some time off looks really good. This isn't the lazy side of me talking, it's the realistic side of me (with some nudging from Mr.), telling me that I need/deserve a break. I busted my booty to finish up school in 4 years, when I had originally planned to take it easy and finish in 5-6 years. Upon meeting my fiance, my goals changed and I kicked it into high gear. 16 credits one summer, and some crazy hard classes back to back. While taking crazy classes, I worked on weekends and interned after school, often late into the night. Thus said, I had no me time, no fun time, and gained 30 pounds from sitting at work, sitting at my desk doing homework, sitting at my computer and typing papers, and more sitting and sitting for school or work.

If I were to get a job, I would be doing the same thing, sitting. I wouldn't have time to work out and lose those disgusting 30 pounds or to dedicate as much time as I would like to, to the wedding. Plus, I've always wanted a dog, and Mr. has surrendured to me wanting a little Yorkie Terrier, so I wouldn't have time to play with him if I were working! And, Mr. said that if I don't work, I get to decorate the house however I want! All in all, he just wants me to take a break and have fun. Love him.

Hmm.. that said.. I think I opt for taking a break and maybe doing some part time/on-call, fun things. It's time for me to enjoy life and all it's blessings. Now, let's just hope the job I interviewed for and am supposed to be having a second interview with, doesn't call. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment