Sunday, August 16, 2009

Like Fergie

Yes, I said it, like Fergie. In what way, you may ask? I need to be "up in the gym, workin on my fitness". Like, fer realll. And, I wouldn't mind her killer abs while I'm there either..

If I'm really trying to lose close to 40 pounds in 3-4 months, I better get on it, and fast! I haven't been very motivated to go the gym lately, but I stumbled upon the blog of a woman who is trying her best to lose weight as well. It really motivated me, and actually pointed me toward a great fitness website, FitDay.com. It is a FREE website, and allows you to track what you eat, how much of it you eat, and then breaks it down by caloric intake and what percentage of your diet is carbs, protein, etc. It also is helpful because it tells you an estimate of how many calories you burn in a day, how many you should restrict yourself from eating if trying to reach your certain goal, and then how many calories you're "allowed" to eat to assist in that goal.

That said, I'm allowed roughly 1,200 calories a day if I want to sit around and do nothing. BUT the good thing about this website is that is makes you feel a tad guilty when the pie chart shows that you're eating more that 50% carbs. Thanks for the visual guilt, but it's working!

So.. that said. Since I discovered this blog and FitDay.com, I have been motivated to actually work out tonight. Yes, I do plan on eating a large hefty bowl of ramen tonight, but maybe I'll be able to abstain from eating the curry and rice. Oooohh but it's SO good. I need too! I have a friend in need and that is her comfort food, and of course I need to accompany her, so, I will. But, we'll see how the no curry thing goes, I'll let you know.

I actually haven't worked out in a few weeks due to some unnecessary stress. However, knowing that I plan on working out tonight has a little part inside of me excited. Good thing we're going to dinner early. That way, if she wants to go back to her house and sit around, we can. Then I will pull myself away around 11 at the latest, go home, and pop in my Turbo Sculpt DVD and get going.

Ugh.. it's so hard to be motivated. But I will do it, I need to. I am fully aware of the need to look hot on my wedding day, but where has my motivation gone?




No comments:

Post a Comment