Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rice, Rice Baby

In an earlier post I mentioned that I would let you know what I've been doing to lose weight. I haven't really had a large bump in the scale, but have been maintaining my 175, down from 180 weight. I weigh myself every morning (after using the bathroom) as that is your "true weight" because you don't have anything extra in your body at that time. Every morning I am consistently stepping on the scale at 175 (sometimes 174 or 173), and my goal is to end the day at 177, 180 on a really bad day.

So, since you probably don't know, I love rice. I eat it with every meal; yes, breakfast, lunch and dinner. A hard concept unless you're from Hawaii, and if you are, you know what I'm talking about.

Breakfast - Rice w/ furikake on top and a side of bacon.
Lunch - Perhaps some chicken katsu and rice.
Dinner - Chicken, vegetable curry and rice.
Yummm.

That is honestly how my days used to go. I love, love, love rice. My freshman year of highschool I would eat a bowl of rice with Aloha shoyu for lunch almost everyday. Horrible, I know, but so fricken good!

That said, for the past two weeks I have not had one bite of white rice, which is a serious accomplishment. If anything, I would eat brown rice, and since I don't like brown rice, I didn't eat very much of it. I've pretty much been sticking to proteins, fruit and the few veggies that I do like.

For example, one of my most favorite meals to eat now is a salad of romaine lettuce topped with Safeway brand chicken tenders and some Kraft Ceasar Vinegarette dressing (70 calories per tbsp). Yummm. I know chicken tenders don't sound that great, but it's protein, and it's better that I eat that, than rice.

Although you may think my logic is a little off, the way I see it, I'm eating a lot better now than I used to, which is a step in the right direction. I've also been eating a lot of grilled or baked chicken. So, if you know of any good recipes for baked, please let me know!

Too-da-loo!




1 comment:

  1. I can hook you up with a few delish' recipes. Fo'sho. I have lost...6lbs in the past 3 weeks. 2 lbs every week, which is on track. Ceasar salad with chicken breast have been my bestest friend as well as watermelon. Watermelon & Cantaloupe are 2 fruits with the lowest amt of calories. Drink lots of H2o as well. I eat white rice on my cheat day, brown rice on any other day but the brown rice I eat is actually pretty sticky so it's not like other whereas chewing on grain. But even then I may eat brown rice at the most twice a week. Baked potato with low fat sour cream is much better than with butter/rice. Living on the mainland helps me not eat rice, you know it's not avail EVERYWHERE. I'll pass on a few recipes for you. First, tell me what your love/hate foods. besos.

    ReplyDelete